Last week was a blur.
In fact, I seem to be living in an extended blur.
Events, family visits, learning about schools/teaching, business endeavors, and every day tasks have sent me into a tailwind.
The blurs tend to leave me frazzled and depleted. Lately, I feel like I need to catch up with everything including my walk with Jesus.
Currently, I’m feeling the need for some deep personal time with God. I need to dive in deep to renew my joy.
I feel an extra 30 minutes a day would make a huge difference in this busy season of mommyhood.
If you don’t have a consistent Bible study time, this is a good way to start. Spend 30 minutes a day studying for 30 days, then increase your study time. The key to build a habit is consistency for at least 21 days.
Here are my tips for finding a few extra minutes for God today –
1) Wake up early. If you’re not a morning person, this may be hard. But 30 minutes is doable and you’ll enjoy the quiet morning to soak in some scripture.
2) Use your car time. Listen to a podcast, audio scripture, or a sermon on your way to work.
3) Work with your kids. Put your Bible time in your kid’s daily routine. Use their independent playtime or art time. Let them know you need some scripture time and the next 30 minutes needs to be quiet. Then set a timer. Our timer is named Mr. Dinger.
4) Use your lunchtime. If you enjoy eating lunch out, try packing your lunch and your Bible. You might find lunchtime is the perfect time to study God’s word.
5) Put the kids to bed on time or early. This is a great time to get some quiet time. I love when the hustle of the day is done and I can sit down to breathe. Grab your Bible, journal, a blanket, and a cup of hot tea. If you typically turn the TV on as soon as the kids go to bed, wait 30 minutes. This can be your “Freshen Your Soul” time after a hard day. Then pray and snuggle with your husband. It’s a perfect way to end the day.
If you don’t know which time works best, try them all. Then pick a time that fits. Make sure you stick with it for 30 days to build the habit.
Try your best not to miss this time but give yourself some grace if you do.
Your Bible time is not a chore. It’s a privilege. And it’s necessary for moms to retain peace and calm in our homes.
As a bonus, I want to tell you about a product to help take your Bible Study to the next level. Bible Study Methods: 7 Ways in 7 Days is a comprehensive view of study methods. If you don’t study regularly or feel you need to revive your study time then check out this product. The author is one of my heroes and I highly recommend learning all you can from her.
Use the comments below to tell how you find peace in the middle of your chaos?
Life is a grand total of our choices. What do you choose today?
Progress through purpose, change through choice!!
I would love to stay connected with you. Sign up to be a part of the Intentional Community.