30 Fun and Free Things to do in July!!
Our summer is in full swing and we are loving it!! Summer days are my favorite of the entire year. As a kid, I loved summer and everything about it. It’s no surprise that I still do. I love the heat, the sun, the water, playing outside, watermelons, and I could go on and on.
This summer is somewhat different for my family because we have reduced our income and recently moved to a new state. So when it comes to summer fun this year, we are looking for frugal fun.
I’m not a person who wants to miss out on anything either so I came up with this list of free things to do this month. My family will have a blast and spend very little money doing it. I encourage you to enjoy your summer while it’s here! Summer will fly by so let’s play now.
Here’s the list. Enjoy. –
- Watch Fireworks!!!! I can’t emphasize this enough. There are so many great firework shows across the nation. Just research your area or ask around to find out where to go. It’s so fun and free! Don’t forget to talk about our country and how God has given it to us.
- Catch Fireflies.
- Go on a nature walk. Be sure to talk about God’s creation as you walk.
- Go to story time at the library. You will be amazed at the cool things happening this summer at your local library.
- Find a new park.
- Splash around at a splash pad. Could be the same as no. 5. If you can’t find a splash pad, find a sprinkler.
- Pile up and watch movies. Pull out the sleeping bag to make it extra fun.
- Camp out in the backyard or the living room. You’ll have the convenience of your own bathroom with a ton of fun!
- Go help an elderly person. You could work in their yard or do their dishes or simply take them a meal. Be sure to pray with them before you leave.
- Scan Pinterest for a craft to make. I like to let my preschooler pick her own inspiration. To keep it free, try to pick a craft you already have supplies for.
- Paint fireworks. Take a dish brush, dip in paint, and dab on paper. This turns out lovely. Do this outside for easy cleanup.
- Play with the water hose.
- Find a place to wade. We like the mountain streams.
- Go to a State or National Park. I’m amazed at how many cool programs parks have. State or National Parks are awesome. Take advantage of these gifts that God has shared with us.
- Home Depot has free classes for kids. Check your location for specific information.
- Volunteer. Get plugged in to help out!
- Find a Summer Reading Program to participate in. Check out the programs at Chuck E. Cheese, Barnes & Noble, local libraries, or you can make your own.
- Get cooking. Use your meal prep time to teach, learn, and discover. Get a new type of fruit or vegetable to try out. Not exactly free but included in our food budget so it doesn’t cost extra.
- Check your local city events page. You may have to search for your local events page. It’s usually full of gold. Summer is time for festivals and parades.
- Make homemade ice cream.
- Do a science experiment. Again scan Pinterest and pick one you have supplies for.
- Go on a picnic.
- Wash the car. Oh yes!! Sounds fun especially if you are splashing!!
- Play with a kickball or frisbee.
- Blow bubbles.
- Go on a hike.
- Have a puppet show.
- Make S’mores.
- Visit a museum! Your museum may not be free but most are very inexpensive. Be sure to check for summer discount days.
Do you have any ideas to add? Drop them in the comments below.
Life is a grand total of our choices. What do you choose today?
Progress through purpose, change through choice!!
I would love to stay connected with you. Sign up to be a part of the Intentional Community.