Sweet, sweet summertime!! How I love you!!
I’m making my list of things that I want to enjoy this season!
I may not get to enjoy all of these this year but I’ve learned that a list of ideas is nice to have when your brain has taken a vacation.
Here’s my list of 50 essential summer activities!!
Btw, most of these are free! Bonus!!
- Go to a park
- Catch Fireflies
- Sign up for a local VBS
- Play with bubbles
- Throw frisbee
- Visit some National Parks
- Find an awesome lake and spend the day
- Go to a State Park or two
- Have a play date with some friends
- Several movie theaters offer cheap movies during the summer
- There’s always library reading programs. Our local library has lots of great entertainment all summer.
- Arts programs are fun.
- Festivals – I love a good festival!!
- Make a craft!
- Having a reading party
- Go swim a bunch
- Play in the sprinkler
- Get in the creek
- Start a family book
- Do silly pictures
- Start a Bible Study with and for your kids
- Try a new recipe or maybe one each week
- Do a family game night or one a week.
- Play with water balloons
- Play with glow sticks
- Make sun tea
- Make sidewalk art
- Go camping
- Make homemade ice cream
- Go out with the girls to refresh your mommy-soul.
- Go for plenty of walks
- Do a family video
- Take a bunch of silly photos
- Dig in your storage for toys or activities that you haven’t enjoyed in a while.
- Purge your closets before school starts back
- Make S’mores
- Do a science experiment
- Visit an elderly person
- Find a cause to volunteer with
- Go to a Home Depot class
- Splash pad
- Let the kids choose for the day
- Bowl for free. You’ll want to sign up for this program.
- Movie night with sleeping bags
- Camp out in the living room
- Go stargazing
- Watch fireworks
- Wash the car
- Go on a picnic
What does your summer wish list look like?